NB! For online courses in January 2022, see here.
This course is ideal for anyone looking to improve their writing skills in English and is the perfect preparation for written component of IELTS, Cambridge English and TOEFL exams, as well as for those who are just looking to practice and improve their general written English.
Each lesson will focus on a different form of written English – E-Mails and Correspondence, Essay-Writing, Reports, and Blogging and Social Media, CVs and Resumes, discussing the structure, form, tone and conventions surrounding each different form. The lessons will be accompanied by grammar and vocabulary to help you construct your text, enrich your language, build forceful arguments and convincing conclusions, and will give students the chance to practice writing and receive feedback from a native-speaker and experienced teacher of English.
Whether you are using English on a day-to-day basis in the office, applying for an English -language degree-programme, or preparing for an international English language exam, this course will equip you with the skills to be successful.
After completing the course student will be able to:
– describe visual information from a diagram, chart, graph or table;
– prepare reports discussing issues on various topics,
– evaluating problems, comparing ideas and proposing solutions with conviction;
– communicate by e-mail;
– plan and write academic essays, theses, journal articles;
– create blogs with engaging and accessible language and content