The Digital Learning Games international master curriculum is providing a one-week course in designing serious games.
Explore the world of serious games in our one-week course on “Serious Games and Gamification Design”. Serious games aren’t just for fun; they’re games with a purpose. They can help in areas like education, health care, and politics.
In this course, you’ll learn how to create games that do more than entertain. You’ll work with students from all over to design games that tackle real-world problems. And the best part? You don’t need to know any programming.
What we’ll cover:
- What are serious games and gamification?
- Looking at games that teach or solve problems. Looking at gamified ideas that solve real life problems.
- How to plan and make a game or gamified systems.
- Coming up with game/ gamified ideas and setting goals.
- The basics of how games work: challenges, actions, and rules.
- Creating the world of the game, its characters, and its story.
- Tools to help you make games, including Twine and Gdevelop.
The course is taught in English, so everyone can join in and learn together.