Gamification is a process that helps you create interesting, interactive and fun content from the mundane by adding game-inspired elements. The best part about gamification is that it can be applied to many aspects in life, the fields of business, marketing and education being just a few examples.
This Tallinn Winter School course is about designing a gamified product or service. Adding game elements to your content gives you a chance to widen your engagement and attract a wider audience. The TWS Gamification Workshop explores the concept of gamification through real-life examples, and then gives participants the opportunity to work in a team to develop their own working prototype. Teams will develop their own projects from an idea through design to working prototype. Topics covered during this course:
– Introducing participants
– The nature of gamification and gamification design process
– Examples of gamification
– Generating and selecting ideas for gamification.
– Forming teams and dividing roles
– Designing challenges
– Designing intrinsic motivators
– Designing extrinsic motivators
– Design of feedback and progress
– Incorporation of entertaining elements
– Other game elements
– Prototype development
– Prototype presentation and testing