- The Terms and Conditions are based on the Regulations of Continuing Education in Tallinn University established by Regulation No. 32 of 23/11/2015 by Tallinn University Senate.
- Applications are accepted via Tallinn Winter School’s website.
- Applicants are contacted by the organisers and if needed, asked for additional information before being accepted to the chosen course.
- The official registration deadline is December 1st – late applications are accepted in case there are vacancies.
- By submitting the application form the participant declares to have read and agreed to the Terms and Conditions.
Terms of payment
- After the applicant has been accepted to the course, Tallinn Winter School issues an electronic invoice including the payment deadline and bank details. The invoice will be sent to the participant’s e-mail address stated in the application form.
- The course fee should be paid by the deadline stated on the invoice. Requests for due date extensions should be sent to email@example.com before the deadline.
- If the course fee is not paid on time, Tallinn Winter School has the right to cancel the registration. The invoice shall be considered paid when the payment has reached the University’s bank account by the set deadline and in full amount.
- If insufficient numbers register for a course, Tallinn Winter School reserves the right to cancel the course, in which case participants will be notified before the course starts and offered an option to choose another course. If the participant prefers to cancel his/her registration, the course fee will be reimbursed. Participants should keep in mind when making travel arrangements that other expenses (e.g travel expenses, accommodation) shall not be reimbursed. It is therefore recommended for the participants taking out insurance coverage.
- If the participant has paid the course fee but wants to cancel his/her participation before December 1st, Tallinn Winter School will refund the course fee after deducting 25% plus bank fees. Requests for refunds must be received in writing. After December 1st no refunds for the course fees will be possible.
- If a visa is needed, the participant should contact the nearest Estonian Embassy for further assistance. Participant is asked to mark in his/her online application that he/she needs a visa.
- Tallinn Winter School cannot provide the participant with any further assistance in obtaining a visa. We cannot guarantee that the participant will receive a visa – the Estonian authorities make that decision.
- If the participant is forced to cancel because he/she did not receive a visa, the regular cancellation policy applies. We strongly recommend starting with the application process for a visa as early as possible, as it may take many weeks.
- The participants are responsible for their own insurance. The insurance should cover health insurance, liabilities, and accidents that may occur. Tallinn Winter School shall not accept responsibility for injuries, illnesses, loss or damage to property, accidents, etc.
- Tallinn Winter School follows the personal data processing rules of Tallinn University.
- If a participant chooses accommodation organised by Tallinn Winter School, he/she agrees that his/her name and other data that the hostel/hotel requires for making a booking, are sent to the accommodation establishment.
- During Tallinn Winter School there will be some events open to all the participants and an official photographer will be taking photographs/videos for use by Tallinn University for publicity uses on our website and in social media. Please contact a member of staff if you wish to be exempted from this activity.